Several readers have asked for a more in depth review of The Tao of Badass, and since I’ve listened to the audio several times recently while commuting in my car as well as read the book again, here goes. I will add that I have used lots of this information to my extreme advantage and am still learning from it.
«The Tao of Badass, Everything You Have To Know To Be A Complete Badass With Women» is a 150 page ebook written by internationally famous Joshua Pellicer (he’s been on The Today Show, The NY Times, The NY Daily News, The NY Press and much more) with an accompanying audio version for those who prefer to listen rather than read. I listen to the audio primarily in my car, and review from the ebook.
It has ten sections which I’ll describe below, as well as some great bonuses. I won’t go into the bonuses much as they may change.
1) Introduction – This section, no surprise, is an introduction to the material. It is quite short as it should be, and explains how every man has the ability to be a complete badass with women and how to use The Tao.
Josh also goes into how this material has the capability to change all aspects of your life, not just your dating and love life.
2) Gender Roles – Gender roles have certainly become confused in modern life, but basically, women prefer men who are playing the male gender role. This means men who are practical, decisive, and confident.
Confidence is particularly important. If a man is playing the female gender role, he will attract women who are playing the male gender role. In general that is not what we want!
3) Confidence – Confidence is the number one thing women find attractive in men. Confident men are seen as attractive, period. You cannot fake confidence, at least not for long, but you can become confident!
4) The System – This is a jam packed chapter that introduces the «Map of Interaction» and its four phases: attraction, rapport, seduction and a relationship. The map of interaction is like a roadmap to interacting with women.
If you want to go somewhere, you need to know where you are, obviously where you want to go, and have some sort of directions (a map) of how to get there. That is exactly what the map of interaction is, a map of male-female interactions explaining how they work, and what can go wrong.
Take a look at the following quote from the book: «If you skip the stage of attraction, you’ll fall into the friend zone. If you skip the stage of rapport, you’ll encounter a lot of resistance, and any relationship that develops later will suffer from trust issues. If you skip the stage of seduction, you’ll likely find yourself in a passionless relationship and, finally, if you skip the stage of relationship balance, you’ll continuously bounce from girl to girl forever»
5) The Approach – We men are generally scared to approach women. «Approach anxiety» as it is commonly called is an irrational fear and can be overcome. It’s not like a woman is going to physically attack you if you say hi.
I found this chapter’s information had me comfortably approaching women I never would have before, with great results. No one got mad, yelled, bit me, although I did brighten some women’s lives (and perhaps bored a few as well).
6) Tests – An attractive women will be approached by far too many men, and they subconsciously test a man to see if it’s worth it. These tests are a sign that a women is at least slightly interested in you, and can pretty easily be spotted and beat if you know what to look for.
7) Reading Body Language – Everyone speaks body language, but few can actually read it. I need to go over this section a few more times; there is lots of content here, but I am using this info several times a week and it simply works!
Do you know the ten body language signs that she is attracted to you?
8) Creating Love – Understanding how love happens is important so that when you meet the right person you can make a connection happen regardless of the circumstances.
Love is caused by direct emotional transfers.
I’m not sure if it is as easy as Joshua says it is, but it certainly makes sense.
9) The Biggest Mistakes You Make – The ten biggest mistakes men make. I’ve made a lot of these, and still make a few, but not many anymore!
10) Conclusion – A kickass conclusion tying everything together: exactly what does it mean to be a complete badass with women? What skills do you need? And much more!